The patent pending M+D Crutches cradle the user’s elbows and evenly distribute their weight throughout the forearms; removing pressure that other crutches place on the armpits, wrists and hands.
Mobility+Designed And The M+D Crutch as featured on Tech Insider from Mobility Designed on Vimeo.
The patent pending M+D Crutches cradle the user’s elbows and evenly distribute their weight throughout the forearms; removing pressure that other crutches place on the armpits, wrists and hands. The crutches feature:
- A hinged arm cradle that can be unlocked to provide an enhanced range of motion enabling the user to reach for things without having to remove the crutch
- Hand grips that rotate out of the way, allowing the user to walk Hands Free
- Flexible armbands that conform to each user’s arm, providing support while allowing the user to easily get in and out of the crutches
- Feet that conform to the ground providing shock absorption with each step
- Antimicrobial arm pad
- Actual weight of each crutch is approximately 2.9 lbs
- Shipping weight of the pair of crutches, packing materials, and box is approximately 9 lbs
- Shipping box dimensions are 33″ x 17″ x 6″
The M+D Crutches are adjustable in both arm length and height. Suitable for users 4’11” to 6’8″.
Emma Baeckman (verified owner) –
These crutches were life changing for me! With one wrist injured after a fall, companied with an ankle and knee injuries, I was not able to use the usual kind of crutches that which you put your full weight on you wrist and hand. With the M+D crutches I was finally able to ditch the wheel chair and were able to start walking up right again – with a stable aligned posture. There are several possibilities to adjust them for your specific needs and comfort, but there are three things I would like for improvement: One, a possibility to easily fold them together so they are shorter to store during traveling. Two, living in Sweden with ice and snow in winter, I wish there were a possibility to change the crutch foot to another one that has studs/spikes that could prevent the crutches to suddenly dangerously slip and slide away from you. Third, when you need to sit down maybe for a lunch with a friend, the crutches are difficult to store beside you without them falling everywhere, so there should be some kind of a clip that easily could hold the crutches firmly and steadily together. However, beside these practical tips for future upgrades, these crutches minimizes my pain in neck, arm, wrist and hand – making it possible for me to move around much more. That is marvelous!
Teresa woodford (verified owner) –
Thank you so very very much for your brilliant customer service and speed. You have been so kind. My crutches were delivered to me 3 days after I ordered them. I knew that they would help me, but I didn’t realise how much .they are god sent . I cannot tell you just how much they have changed my life, I haven’t had them a week yet, already I have got used to them. Not only do they help my mobility, but they have given me so much more confidence. They are truly amazing. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Xx